Sunday 1 February 2015

January Animation Practice - Clip from Rio

January Animation Practice Clip from Rio from Jasbeer Kootbally on Vimeo.


I have watched this particular scene from Rio (animated by Jeff Gabor from Blue Sky Studio) a thousand + times. I love the interaction between the two characters but I never imagined how hard it was to animate those two characters until I attempted this shot as part of my practice exercise.




The amountof subtle movements is incredible and sometimes imperceptible until you watched it over and and over and frame by frame it a tousand times. There were a lot of movements I didnt understand why the characters, specially Tulio was making, but obviously acting choices depends on the animators. Its only after a couple of trial animating Tulio that I realised his head movements were very similar to a bird. The constant twist and half rotation was very hard but the way I understand it is that Tulio spend so much time with birds he has the same movements as them.



I had to move on to the next clips but I'm sure there's still plenty I can still learn from that clip





No comments: